Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crazy Times at Costello Music

The Fratellis deliver an upbeat, light-hearted, poppy jaunt in there newest hit, Costello Music. The CD opens up with the plucky guitar and the slurred vocals of Henrietta. The song features some fantastic sounds that aren't quiet singing and aren't quiet playing instruments, but are fun none-the-less.

The radio-friendly hit Flathead follows with equally memorable banjo and vocals. The humorous lyrics accompany some fun, mindless gang vocals and some strange sounds to make the song an instant pop-rock hit. Being featured on an iPod commercial didn't hurt the song's success.

The rest of the album features similar tracks with varying tempo, but the same general feel. An exception being Doginabag which, despite having a strange name, is much slower as well as Whistle for the Choir. Both songs sound strange coming from such a fast and upbeat band.

Listening to this album's unique feel definitely convinced me to add The Fratellis to my list of favorite bands. I can't wait to see another album from them.

Here is some video goodness with an MP3 for the same song. Henrietta:



~Mike

_\\//

1 comment:

Wild Industry said...

Actual Chelsea Dagger quote:

Someone said you was asking after me
But I know you best as a blagger
I said tell me your name is it sweet?
She said my boy it's dagger oh yeah

Alternate connotations ftw!