Tuesday, October 16, 2007

To Too Large a Divide They Have Sworn

For the sake of the Blog War, I was supposed to write a negative review of Soilwork's new album "Sworn to a Great Divide". The only problem with this setup is that I love the album. Love it a lot... because I couldn't find it in my literary heart to badmouth the fantastic piece of metal, I got my little sister (she is 12) to write what she thought. Enjoy:

I disliked the album. I disliked the album because I couldn't understand what they were saying. I also don't think their very talented for just screaming on the top of their lungs. Most of the songs sound the same too. I cant tell the difference between them all. Some of the songs have too long of introductions; I thought they were instrumentals for a little. I didn't enjoy listening to this album.

In closing, check the album out. I thought it was metal at it's finest. Enjoy the glorious metal, stabbing you mercilessly in the ears:

Sworn to a Great Divide

Breeding Thorns

~Mike

_\\//

3 comments:

Leo said...

Haha, wow... I can't believe I read that. Given it was about 8 simple sentences, I figured it would be more promising that what I found. I was wrong. Well, its nice to involve the family I suppose. Btw if you havent chosen the albums for the rest of the week can I ask for a review of Mutter by Rammstein?

Mike said...

Sorry to say we HAVE chosen all the albums for the week. Perhaps I can add that to another list of blogfights.

Anonymous said...

It takes a real metal fan to let his 12 year old sister review an album for him.

haha... not a bad idea actually. I did another one of my "lists".