Tuesday, November 20, 2007

A State of Flux

I got Bloc Party's new single/small album the other day. The single is called Flux and was released on November 12th. The CD clocks in at 18 minutes which isn't bad for a single and contains some decent tracks.

Inevitably, my favourite track off of the single is Flux; which features a quick beat and some great electronic sounds. Initially listening to the song, I had mixed feelings. I later came to love it due to the campy music video and the meaningful lyrics.


The other tracks off of the album (The Once and Future King, Where Is Home?, and Emma Kate's Accident) are forgettable, but decent. The Once and Future King kind of reminded me of a Two More Years remix that I like, but the near instrumental Where Is Home? becomes annoying as does the depressingly slow and long Emma Kate's Accident.

The CD featured a great song and another wonderful addition to Bloc Party's repertoire for only £4.00. Check the album out if you like BP. I will write again later once I play Mass Effect!

Until Later,
~Mike

_\\//

No comments: